Release date: April 9th 2023
Welcome to my VMware Dynamic Environment Manager series. The new version of DEM, v. 2303 Build 10.9.0.1105, was GA on March 30th 2023. In this section I will describe how I upgraded my VMware DEM Set Up to v. 2303. But first, at what point in an upgrade procedure should we upgrade the VMware DEM Components? According to VMware’s official documentation, this should be done as shown below.
To check out all the new features and changes with VMware Dynamic Environment Manager v. 2303, review the Release Notes from VMware posted here: VMware Dynamic Environment Manager 2303 Release Notes
According to the release notes, it is only the main products that are updated in this version.
- Updated Components. This release updates the main product components. Application Profiler, Helpdesk Support Tool, and SyncTool are not updated for the 2303 release.
- Support for searching across config files from the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Management Console.
- Support for running custom commands in SYSTEM context before or after the DEM agent performs a path-based import or path-based export.
- Support for FlexEngine command-line option to apply NoAD settings on-demand.
- Upgrade DEM Agent
- Upgrade DEM Manager
- Upgrade DEM GPO Templates
- Upgrade Application Profiler Capture-VM (No upgrade available)
Official VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Documentation
Disclaimer: Every tips/tricks/posting I have published here, is tried and tested in different it-solutions. It is not guaranteed to work everywhere, but is meant as a tip for other users out there. Remember, Google is your friend and don’t be afraid to steal with pride! Feel free to comment below as needed.