Release date: May 14th 2019
Welcome to my VMware Unified Access Gateway series. This topic will cover the preparations I will have to get done prior to deploying my new UAG appliances. I have divided it up in the sections below.
- Download UAG installation media, powershell scripts
- Download and install OVF deployment Tool on a management server with necessary access to vCenter/hosts
- Create an ini-file for each of my two deployments
- Configure DNS-hosts for UAG’s
- Collect Horizon-info
- Configure firewall port openings between wan, dmz, management, production
Download UAG installation media, powershell scrips
From My Vmware I download OVA and powershell scripts to a management server with access to vCenter.
Download and install OVF deployment Tool on a management server with necessary access to vCenter/hosts
Download and install VMware OVF Tool:
Create an ini-file for each of my two deployments
As I will be deploying two UAG’s, view-uag01 and view-uag02, I create two ini-files for this exercise. These are attached as PDF here:
Configure DNS-hosts for UAG’s
Open the Connection Server URL, open certificate
Copy certificate thumbprint
Configure firewall port openings between wan, dmz, management, production
Disclaimer: Every tips/tricks/posting I have published here, is tried and tested in different it-solutions. It is not guaranteed to work everywhere, but is meant as a tip for other users out there. Remember, Google is your friend and don’t be afraid to steal with pride! Feel free to comment below as needed.