Release date: May 9th 2019
Welcome to my VMware Unified Access Gateway series. This topic will cover some different aspects of planning before deploying VMware UAG.
Before I can start deploying a UAG, I will need to do some planning and designing. I have done a High-level design and a low-level design, below. In my setup I will be deploying UAG HA with 3 vmnics in each UAG. There will be load balancers both in DMZ and in production. As I will be using this setup for Horizon, I check with VMware Tech Zone which ports to open in firewall: Network Ports in VMware Horizon 7
I would also recommend VMware Digital Workspace Topology Tool for designing the set up.
So, I need to prepare the following:
- Management-station to use for OVA-deployment
- User with permissions in vCenter to deploy the appliances
- Internet-facing ip/subnet
- Production-facing ip/subnet
- Management-facing ip/subnet
- Plan fort port-openings through firewalls
- Setup load balancers for UAG
Disclaimer: Every tips/tricks/posting I have published here, is tried and tested in different it-solutions. It is not guaranteed to work everywhere, but is meant as a tip for other users out there. Remember, Google is your friend and don’t be afraid to steal with pride! Feel free to comment below as needed.